Legal Services Attorney
The merged agency of the Minnesota AIDS Project and Rainbow Health Initiative seeks a full-time attorney to provide direct legal services and systems advocacy to alleviate legal and benefits problems affecting health (including HIV) management and risk by reducing barriers people identifying as LGBTQ and people living with HIV face in maintaining health and financial security.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct legal representation in LGBTQ and HIV-related matters and issues creating barriers for people living with or at risk for HIV and people identifying as LGBTQ.
- Provide leadership and participate in systems advocacy and policy development.
- Provide training and ongoing technical assistance to legal and medical professionals,
- Law Degree and a minimum of five years’ experience with HIV or LGBT related legal issues.
- Understanding of the multiple communities merged agency represents.
- Meticulous organizational skills and ability to promote an efficient and streamlined work environment.
- Excellent telephone manner and strong interpersonal skills related to both written and verbal communication.
- High level of motivation with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities under strict deadlines.
- Experience related to HIV and/or LGBTQ services preferred.
Generally, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
How To Apply:
SUBMIT RESUME WITH COVER LETTER TO:
Minnesota AIDS Project
Attention: Human Resources
2577 West Territorial Road
Saint Paul, MN 55114
No telephone inquiries, please.
The Minnesota AIDS Project is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons, including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and GLBTQ persons.
Apply for Legal Services Attorney
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly