Mental Health Support Specialist.
People Incorporated is searching for candidates for our Residential programs. If you would like to develop relationships and positively impact people who have complex mental health or mental health with chemical health diagnoses then our residential programs might be a great place to pursue your career. We have an excellent training department and employees have access to trainings in a variety of mental health topics to develop greater skill levels.
We are searching for a Mental Health Support Specialist. This role is responsible for creating a supportive environment for our residents while they work on their individual visions of wellness and independence. Responsibilities include:
- Actively engaging with residents in their daily activities, developing positive relationships that support the client in meeting their goals
- Providing intervention and de-escalation for clients experiencing mental health symptoms
- Documenting observable behaviors and symptoms
- Participating with residents during in-house and community activities
- Coaching residents on independent living skills and coping mechanisms
- Safely administering medications and offer coaching on medication management
- Serving meals and completing general housekeeping
We currently have part-time AWAKE overnight openings in Burnsville, Blaine and Minneapolis. Our evening and overnight shifts include a regular hourly wage plus a shift differential! You will be hired for a regular schedule at one of our programs and training will be provided for any medication administration. In general, employees must be flexible to attend supervision meetings, staff meetings and ongoing training opportunities as well as meeting the needs of our 24/7 programs.
- High school diploma
- Excellent driving record, reliable car, and current auto insurance
- Previous experience working with individuals with serious and persistent mental illness, chemical dependency, developmental disabilities, and/or other health conditions that impact mental health
- Associate or Bachelor degree in social work, psychology, or human services
People Incorporated offers a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, and paid time off. In addition our employees have access to a wide variety of trainings on mental health services topics. The current list can be found on our website!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veterans or other status unrelated to job qualifications.