Route Sales Representative
Can You Imagine Making AND Delivering Over ONE MILLION Sandwiches each week?
We Can and We DO!
The E.A. Sween Company is headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN and services convenience stores across the country. The service center is located in Eden Prairie, MN and services the the SW metro of the Twin Cities including Bloomington, Burnsville, Owatonna, Mankato and to St James, MN; this route is approximately 700 miles each week.
The Route Sales Representative (RSR) sells our Deli Express, Market Sandwich, Simply Delicious and San Luis products to convenience stores on an assigned route. Duties include ordering (using handheld computers), delivering, merchandising and promoting all of our core and new products. The RSR is responsible for maintaining and growing sales by developing relationships and servicing customers in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Services all assigned accounts on the route by ordering, delivering, date coding and merchandising products.
- Manages the displays to keep the customers in stock and minimize out of date product.
- Markets new products and services to maximize sales and shelf space within existing accounts.
- Utilizes appropriate point-of-sale materials to build and update displays.
- Identifies and solicits prospective new customers.
- Maintains and drives company route truck safely and uses equipment properly to load and unload the truck.
- Uses a handheld computer to record sales and manage inventory.
- Correctly completes DOT logs and submits other documentation, paperwork and deposits on time.
- Potentially responsible for coordinating schedules and route coverage with part-time route sales, merchandisers and/or warehouse personnel.
- Valid driver's license for state you reside in and be at least 21 years of age to operate company route truck
- Excellent customer service required and account management skills a plus
- Ability to professionally communicate with external and internal customers
- Must be able to pass DOT physical, drug screen, motor vehicle record and background check
- Ability to start early in the mornings and work 45-55 hours per week with some flexibility of hours required to ensure route coverage
- This position does require an overnight stay as part of the route
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work a minimum of 45 hours per week
- Repetitively lift/carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds, possibly with assistance
- Push/pull up to 300 pounds
- Bend, turn, twist, step up, reach out, reach overhead, lift overhead, pull and push
- Safely step into and operate company route truck
- Work in a widely varying temperature environment indoors and outdoors
- Communicate effectively with a diverse group of customers and E.A. Sween personnel
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 2 Weeks of Vacation/Paid Time Off
- Starting pay $1,450 biweekly guarantee. Salary increases through sales commission. The more you sell the more you make!