Lighting and Energy Solutions Specialist
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: Rapid City, SD or Billings, MT, or Grand Island, NE
- Responsible for providing technical support on products such as lighting and lighting controls. Responsible for designing lighting layouts, performing lighting presentations, and providing sales training and / or support. Responsible for providing energy related technical support on products such as sub-metering, variable frequency drives, solar and wind solutions Provides energy services functions for retrofit opportunities with walk through audits and written energy reports as needed. Provides architectural, engineering and design specification calls in various local markets, to drive sales and specifications for BSE product lines. Provides ROI and payback calculations to customers on lighting projects as needed.
- Works closely with Border States’ sales and marketing staff to promote sales, and to meet and exceed market share and gross profit objectives. Consults with customers on lighting and energy related applications.
- Actively participates in the marketing, planning, strategizing and sale of Border States’ lighting and energy products and services. Participates in and advises management on the implementation and success of marketing plans and strategies.
- Leads customer and BSE employee training on new technical products and applications. Attends and assists with sales meetings, trade shows, and training programs as needed.
- Provides input to the pricing and purchasing departments on product evaluations, code requirements, inventory management, pricing developments, and other related functions.
- Works with local engineering and specification firms to achieve product approval on jobs as required.
- Provides Total Customer Cost Management (TCCM) documentation in relation to services and solutions provided to customers.
- Analyze and provide input on marketing information, systems, software, methods, processes, profitability and performance of products and product lines within the sales and marketing departments for improvement. Assist as needed in specific sales situations such as Contractor and Utility Strategic Business Relationships, Integrated Supply Agreements and Government (State or Federal) bid contract opportunities.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 50 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 10 – 25 lbs. on a frequent basis, and/or move up to 0 – 10 lbs. on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and/or walking and or frequent or constant sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of a four-year technical/engineering degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of three years of commercial lighting sales experience and lighting design/build experience preferred.
- Demonstrated technical competence in understanding electrical lighting and power systems preferred. Expertise in the use of lighting design and energy auditing software is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Prefer credentials in lighting such as Lighting Certified (LC), Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (CLEP), or Certified Energy Manager (CEM). Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Internet, Email, AGI32 and SAP software.
- Excellent customer service skills
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?