Associate Director - Student Center and Activities
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University seeks applications for the Associate Director of Student Center & Activities on its St. Paul campus. The Associate Director will work collaboratively with students, staff and faculty in creating an inclusive, engaging and vibrant environment through programs, events and services that fosters a sense of community and provides leadership opportunities for St. Catherine University students. We are seeking creative, adaptable candidates who enjoy working in a campus climate that promotes cultural inclusion and multicultural understanding.
The Associate Director will have primary responsibility for coordinating the Orientation Programs for all student populations and will supervise 2 Student Orientation Coordinators and 40- 45 Student Orientation Leaders. The Associate Director will supervise the Programming Graduate Intern and will advise the Graduate Student Advisory Board (GSAB) and the College for Adults, Bachelor's Student Advisory Board. The Associate Director will develop collaborative working relationships with other campus organizations and departments, including Multicultural and International Programs and Services, University Events, Residence Life, Student Senate, O'Shaughnessy Auditorium, etc., to ensure their involvement in the Student Center and its programs.
• Serve on University Orientation Steering Committee and on the First Year (FY) & Transfer (TR) Registration Planning Subcommittee
• Coordinate and implement First Year Orientation Program (within College for Women) with assistance from the Orientation Steering Committee (and Director) as well as Graduate Student and College for Adults, Bachelor's and Transfer Student Orientation Programs - this includes online orientation as applicable
• Advise College for Adults, Bachelor's and Graduate Student Advisory Boards including budget monitoring and allocation
• Supervise Programming Coordinator position and duties
• Work collaboratively with the Student Center and Activities Staff to design and implement leadership development programs
• Maintain excellent working relationships across campus
• Participate actively with Division of Student Affairs and work as an ambassador for student involvement
• Other duties as assigned
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr to electronically apply for this position. Position number is 20180017-Staff. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Priority will be given to applications received by April 1, 2018. Position will remain open until filled.
• Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years experience in Student Center/Activities, orientation or related area is required; Master's Degree in Higher Education, College Student Development or related field is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in program/event development and implementation; experience working with adult learners is preferred as is supervising and advising student groups experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated commitment to working effectively/collaboratively with a diverse student population
• Commitment to working in a women's, Catholic, liberal arts institution.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with students, staff and faculty.
The incumbent must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org