Accounts Receivable Specialist
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Humera is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to work in St. Paul. This person will invoice customers for services rendered and apply all the money and credits to their accounts. This is a long-term contract opportunity.
- Receive and resolve incoming phone calls from internal and external customers (patients, clients, sales, collections, client services, vendors and payers).
- Work aging, correspondence and daily insurance reports to research insurance issues on accessions while identifying and correcting common trends.
- Collaborate with internal and external (payers, clients, vendors) customers to identify/solve issues for needed information needed for billing purposes.
- Responsible for communicating all issues relating to DSO to their Lead and all escalated situations to the Ins Manager.
- Responsible for assigned region/payer group to meet departmental goals set by leads and manager.
- Communicate via telephone with a physician, insurance company and patients
- Update invoice with current billing information to bill insurance carriers
- Update invoice with additional information regarding secondary coverage
- Print and understand Explanation of Benefit statements in order to bill patients
- Print and appeal claims for denials
- Read and understand departmental SOPs for working denials or correspondence
- Understand denials from carriers to determine next best action according to SOPss
- Call insurance companies to verify benefit levels and check status of claims
- Utilize insurance company websites to check benefit coverage for patients
- Customer service skills; should be able to recognize the customer as the physician and internal/external customers
- Ability to work well with others and not create conflict
- Able to pass standardized color vision test, as required by test performed.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent, but prefer an Associate's Degree w/3-5 years experience.
- Requires Medical Billing and Coding Certificate