Humera is looking for a 3rd shift Laboratory Assistant for our client in St. Paul, MN. The candidate in this position receives and accessions laboratory tests for the quantitative analysis of drugs or other analyses in patient or client samples. They will also performer higher-level laboratory assistant functions. This is a long-term contract opportunity!
- 90% of time will be accessioning specimens/ 10% will be performing higher level laboratory assistant functions
- Receives, accessions, aliquots, stores and disposes of specimens in the Forensic Processing area, while maintaining chain of custody.
- Receive specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; accession and aliquot specimens, organize work to maintain efficiency and acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately.
- Process client samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples. Adhere to the SOP.
- Maintain work area, equipment, cleans, and perform scheduled and as needed maintenance procedures.
- Complete all documents accurately and neatly. Monitor chain of custody, and custody and control forms for completeness and acceptability.
- Perform material handling duties by supplying workstations with packaged samples to process, racks and bins to hold processed samples, removal of empty racks and bins, and stocking of other supplies necessary for the accessioning of samples.
- Use independent judgment to decide how to process a wide variety of samples in accordance with applicable requirements, standards and regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- High level ability to multi-task /and change direction at a moment's notice
- Able to work independently under general supervision
- Must be able to distinguish colors including shades of colors
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry, and rotate/turn with up to thirty pounds
- Able to work in a fast paced production environment to meet established turnaround times
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to effectively transfer knowledge from one situation to a new situation