Engineer- Checkout Automation
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: JOIN US AS AN AUTOMATION ENGINEER - In-Store Checkout Infrastructure Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Automation Engineer, Software Development Engineer, DevOps Engineer, InfraCode EngineerAbout This OpportunityUse your skills, experience and talents to be a part of a groundbreaking team, exercising thought leadership, and pursuing visionary goals in Retail. Prospective candidates will have experience in software development, and a learning mindset. Experience in an Agile CI/CD Environment, Managing Software Defined Infrastructure, containerization technologies, and cloud ready automated application deployments a plus. Also can demonstrate a practical application of automating operational tasks through code.AS AN AUTOMATION ENGINEER on the In-Store Checkout Team, you will contribute and effect change using a diverse cross section of the following technologies and skill sets:
- Develop automated infrastructure operations leveraging a deep understanding of scripting, coding and automation using one or more of the following: PowerShell, Microsoft DSC, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Ruby, or others
- Have familiarity with Agile Methodologies, SDLC, Test Driven Development, best practices and use of source control and testing tools such as GIT, Artifactory, Jenkins, Drone, NuGet/Chocolatey.
- CentOS, SQL, PostgreSQL, KVM, Hyper-V, Python, Java, Microsoft Windows Server, Windows 7 & Windows 10.
- Motivated to write infra-code and dedicated to the Growth Mindset learning model.
- Confident positive attitude able while adapting to regular change
- Manage servers using remote administration tools including SSH, Bash, Remote Desktop, WinRM, and PowerShell
- An understanding of Active Directory objects, Windows Local Security settings, Group Policy Hierarchy, Policy and Preference settings
- Manage Windows security settings with tools like Resultant Set of Policies (RSOP) and command line tools like GPUpdate and GPReport
- Participate in construction activities ensuring architectural and operational requirements are met
- Utilize standard enterprise tools to develop or implement infrastructure hardware, software or other technical components
- Resolve hardware, operational, infrastructure and application incidents
- Drive problem root cause analysis through analysis of operating system and applications logs
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability
- Collaborate with team to promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of platforms, applications and infrastructure services
- Gather business requirements and collaborate with partner teams to iteratively develop and implement solutions in an agile manner.
- Understand Agile Product Development using Scrum/Kanban methodologies and tools such as Jira
- Work with Information Security to analyze vulnerabilities and find the appropriate fixes
- Maintain and update Server platform documentation
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 2-7 years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education