Truck Driving Faculty
POSITION: Truck Driving Faculty (PCN 01064892)
STARTING DATE: Approximately August 13, 2018
APPOINTMENT: Full-Time Unlimited
DEADLINE: To receive guaranteed consideration, application materials should be submitted online by April 9, 2018. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Full-time instructional position to teach courses in truck driving. This position will be in the Transportation Division of the college. Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- recruiting and interviewing prospective students
- advising current students
- developing and delivering curriculum – delivery methods to include, face-to-face, lab and online
- assisting in job placement for graduates
- maintaining an on-going relationship with industry and seeking donations
- managing the truck driving program and its projects
- maintaining truck driving shop and equipment
- maintaining and promoting a safe working environment
- qualifying for DOT inspector training
- working both independently and with a variety of people as a team member
- working with a diverse student body with a broad range of interests and abilities
- completing the teaching and learning competency requirement in first three years of employment
A graduate of a truck driving program.
Occupational Experience Requirement
Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a CDL Class "A" tractor-trailer/truck driver.
One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
Minnesota Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and U.S. Department of Transportation Medical Certificate (DOT Health Card).
- Teaching/training/mentoring experience
- Ability to adapt to instructional technology systems
- Understanding of future truck driving industry trends
- Work experience in vehicle repair and maintenance
- Experience as an owner operator
- Current with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Experience in day to day business operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources
Click on Academic Jobs – “How to Apply” link to apply. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copies of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
CONTACT: Shari Maloney; (320) 762-4466; Fax: 320-762-4450; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexandria Technical and Community College is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and retirement plan.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This information will be made available in alternative format, such as large print or cassette tape, upon request.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fbnc2sk3pwb8pjdw