Assistant Director, Operations - Student Center and Activities
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University seeks applications for the Assistant Director of Student Center & Activities for Operations. This position coordinates and facilitates the daily operation of the Student Center and Activities (SCA) Office and the Coeur de Catherine Information Center through developing, improving and maintaining effective systems and processes. The Assistant Director/Operations will have primary responsibility for supervising the Student Center & Activities (SCA) department and Coeur de Catherine Information Center student assistants, student leads and student building coordinators. The Assistant Director will manage SCA's student engagement/programing communications, financial processing and frontline services for student clubs and organizations, oversee the operations of the Game Room and Student Organization Center and supervise the student graphic artists. The Assistant Director will oversee logistics for Honors and Awards Ceremony and will provide logistic support for Orientation programs and Family and Friends Day. We are seeking creative, adaptable candidates who enjoy working in a campus climate that promotes cultural inclusion and multicultural understanding.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee Student Center and Activities Department and Information Center Operations, including the hire, training, scheduling, supervising and evaluation of 30-38 Student Assistants
• Manage ID System for University
• Coordinate Financial Reimbursement Process and student Engagement/Programming/Resources communications
• Work collaboratively with other departments for Honors and Awards program to create and manage promotions for call for submissions, manage nomination form and database, manage resume form, convene selection committee, create power point, manage day-of logistics
• Provide logistic support for Orientation Programs and Family & Friends Day
• Oversee the operation of various clubs and organizations, game room and Student Center Organization
• Maintain and manage website and information for commencement process, assist in the planning and implementation of Rehearsal, and provide support at all ceremonies in December and May
• Work collaboratively with department staff to design/implement student leadership development training programs
• Maintain excellent working relationships with departments that interface significantly with Student Center and Activities Office including Custodial, Maintenance, Public Safety, University Events, Multicultural and International Programs & Services, Residence Life, Dining Services and Catering
• Participate actively within the Division of Student Affairs by attending meetings, serving on university committees and taskforces as needed and being an ambassador for student involvement; Other duties as assigned by the Director
• Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years' experience is required; Experience in Student Center/higher education, supervising staff, web design and technology skills are strongly preferred.
• Computer experience is required, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite and web and database management.
• Applicants must have a strong customer service ethic, problem resolution skills and possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• The ability to multitask, prioritize and attention to detail are essential as is the ability to network with university community and to organize processes that are efficient and sustainable.
• Demonstrated commitment to working effectively/collaboratively with a diverse student population; commitment to working in a women's, Catholic, liberal arts institution; ability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with students, staff and faculty.
The incumbent must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.Special/Other Requirements Summary To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr to electronically apply for this position. Position number is 20180019-Staff. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Priority will be given to applications received by April 6, 2018. Position will remain open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org