Senior Vice President - Enrollment Management
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University invites applications and nominations for the position of Senior Vice President for Enrollment Management (SVPEM).
St. Catherine University is a Catholic comprehensive university. Located in the vibrant Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, St. Catherine enrolls approximately 4,700 students in three colleges; the College for Women, the Graduate College and the College for Adults. At all degree levels—associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctorate—St. Catherine integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic tradition, emphasizing intellectual inquiry and social teaching, and calling students to transformational leadership. While providing a range of on-line course offerings and popular health-related programs in Minneapolis, most of the curriculum is offered at our picturesque campus in St. Paul.
St. Catherine University has a demonstrated commitment to Inclusive Excellence. This includes a core commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion with and explicit emphasis on equity and excellence in student learning and the work experience. The University is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of the six strategic priorities in the new University strategic plan. The SVPEM will be expected to have a demonstrated commitment to Inclusive Excellence and will be expected to embed the principles of Inclusive Excellence into the strategic enrollment management goals and processes.
The SVPEM assumes broad leadership within the University and facilitates the development of a strategic student recruitment plan that identifies enrollment goals within each college and the organization of resources necessary to meet them. Reporting to President Rebecca Roloff, the SVPEM will join a dynamic and collaborative senior leadership team working to advance the mission of St. Catherine University as outlined in the 2028 Setting Our Sails Strategic Plan.
Growing out of a continuing tradition to educate undergraduate women, the University enrolls men in both the College for Adults and the Graduate College. St. Catherine seeks an enrollment professional whose imagination is tempered only by a data-driven approach to decision-making; someone willing to introduce calculated risks in partnership with faculty and staff at the University. Currently, the SVPEM works closely with three seasoned Associate Deans who manage the operations and budgets in admissions and financial aid, the Athletic Director, the Vice President for Communications & Marketing, Academic Deans and retention specialists—all of whom are actively involved in meeting university-wide enrollment objectives. Beginning with an assessment of the offices that recruit and provide aid to students in the Graduate College and College for Adults, the new SVPEM will have the opportunity to examine this structure and design the enrollment management operation that best suits the future enrollment goals for the university.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Promote the mission of the University through a vision for enrollment management that activates a seasoned team of admission and financial aid professionals and enthusiastic campus partners.
• Manage the university departments of admissions, financial aid, and athletics, providing leadership, project management and professional development opportunities in support of reaching new enrollment and net revenue objectives.
• Prepare and advance, in partnership with the enrollment team and Academic Deans, annual enrollment projections in alignment with current enrollment patterns, Strategic Plan goals and annual budget process. Coordinate, in partnership with the Enrollment Management and Finance teams, development of tuition revenue, financial aid budget forecasting, and enrollment management operating budgets.
• Serve as a catalyst with university leaders to assess market demand and trends, as well as improve academic and co-curricular programs to better serve enrolled students, position St. Catherine among competitors, and realize net student revenue at a level required for fulfillment of the mission.
• Partner with the VP for Marketing & Communications to provide executive leadership on institutional branding and marketing as well as program-specific advertising, the development of print and electronic publications, and digital strategies related to the university website and social media.
• Select and leverage third-party relationships in pursuit of student enrollment and net revenue objectives.
• Manage and lead key enrollment management leadership structures and committees with the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and other key groups.
• Work closely with the Dean of Student Affairs, leverage the student life experience and residence life program with first-time and transfer students, maximize housing occupancy, engage students in a vibrant campus life and optimize retention and graduation rates.
• Collaborate with Institutional Research, Planning and Accreditation to develop and analyze enrollment research and admissions trend data to guide enrollment planning.
• Facilitate ongoing communication and a strong working relationship with other key constituents within the institution including: faculty, the Registrar, Academic Advising, Student Affairs, Athletics, Information Technology, Business Office, and others.
• Support and enable further development of partnerships with the members of the high school counseling community, the MnSCU system and other key partners so the University's distinctive culture, academic programs and quality of student life are well understood and visible to prospective students and key partners.Position Qualifications
Qualifications and Qualities of Leadership:
The successful candidate will have significant depth and breadth in higher education enrollment management and will be a leader with exceptional analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. The SVPEM will possess a demonstrated capacity for strategic enrollment planning and enthusiasm for partnerships with an engaged community, including the president, senior leadership, board of trustees, faculty, staff and students to achieve enrollment goals. As a leading ambassador for St. Catherine, the SVPEM will be an articulate advocate and spokesperson for all university programs—those that elevate our commitment to the more traditional, residential, undergraduate liberal arts education for women and those that so effectively prepare our adults and graduate college students to work, lead, and inspire others. A master's degree with at least 5 years of experience in enrollment management and/or financial aid are required. 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in enrollment management and/or financial aid in higher education are strongly preferred.Special/Other Requirements Summary
Application Process: We value and encourage interest from a diverse pool of qualified candidates. Applicants should electronically submit their application (including a personal statement of vision for this position, a resume, and at least three references) to the St. Catherine University Employment Site. The Website link is: http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Nominations may be submitted via email to St. Catherine University Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Dean for Enrollment Management Nomination” in the subject line. Applicant review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org