Advantage Services Coordinator
- Employment Status
- Full Time
As the largest provider of affordable housing in the Upper Midwest, CommonBond Communities has been building and sustaining homes with services to families, seniors, and individuals with disabilities since 1971. We combine affordable housing with on-site Advantage Services (social services provider for residents) with a goal of helping residents achieve stability, advancement, and independence. We believe that all people, despite their economic status, should experience the benefits of a home. If you agree, and want to work in an exciting employee driven culture that values work/life balance, consider joining our team!
CommonBond is excited to announce an opening for an Advantage Services Coordinator at our property in Maple Terrace in Maple Plain, MN. This position is part-time (20 hours a week).
The shift would be between 8am – 5pm with some flexibility working after hours if needed. This would be four hours a day, five days a week between 8am-5pm.
Pro-rated Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition discounts with Rasmussen College
Stability- Long-term ownership of our properties
A challenging, fun, growth oriented work environment
A chance to make a difference in lives of our residents
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Coordinates network of service providers to meet needs of the housing community and individuals
- Responds to referrals for individualized services
- Assesses community and individual needs through resident leadership and assessment
- Maintains ongoing communication with the referral source, the individual, other CommonBond Communities staff and community service resource
- Maintains accurate, timely and detailed documentation on casework and group based programs in accordance with professional ethics and guidelines
- Responds by phone to resident referrals from site manager or others within 24 hours and arranges for an assessment appointment within five working days
- Works with residents to explore options, set goals and obtain services
- Consults with casework consultant and/or supervisor as directed by protocols, procedures and Advantage Services guidelines
- Acts as liaison between community service providers and housing management
- Coordinates the implementation of Wellness Opportunities in housing communities
- Provides medical social work and case management services for residents as authorized by agencies contracting with CommonBond Services
- Provides social work casework, where appropriate, for individuals and families receiving services through preferred home care services.
- Promotes positive relationships within the community and surrounding neighborhood
- Provides empowerment and encouragement that executes resident leadership
- Actively participates in Advantage Services team meetings and promotes collaborative problem solving and professional development
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services or similarly related field
- Two years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals.
- Knowledge of community resources and service networks.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to network and develop community partnerships.
- Experience utilizing MS Office and web based programs.
- Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.