Posted Date 1 month ago(3/9/2018 6:33 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 300237
Department/Unit Marketing, Insights and Communications
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Art Director within the Marketing, Insights and Communications department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
• Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
• A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
• Medical, dental, and vision options
• Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Art Director proficiently conceptualizes, creates, and develops uniquely branded creative solutions that effectively communicate the strategic intent for each tactic within an assignment. Capable of handling all aspects of a client's communication needs through the use of Premiere Pro, After Effects, print, identity, environmental, interactive, broadcast, photography, and electronic media. Consistently approaches assignments with a positive, collaborative working style. May occasionally supervise the work of other designers, while carrying a full, individual workload.
- Design/Conceptualization: Thinks conceptually and adapts concepts to be appropriate for a variety of print and electronic media, (brochures, POS, digital, interactive, etc.). Exhibits expertise on all design trends and historic design influences. Delivers presentations to team and/or senior personnel as needed. Articulates rationale behind design ideas.
- Execution: Designs in a wide range of styles to suit various brands and formats. Consistently creates that are on strategy and reflect the brand's personality. Monitors projects through all phases of production. Adheres to budgets and time constraints.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with copywriters and staff. Provides input, direction, and communication to all involved disciplines throughout production, including but not limited to digital artist, photographer, illustrator, editor, account team, project manager, producer, etc. Addresses feedback respectfully.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a four year college or university
- Five years of related professional work experience to include the ability to press check, have an understanding of the printing process, photography, illustration, and typography.
- Must have in-depth working experience with Macintosh OS, and working knowledge of the following software applications: Adobe CS5 Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Bridge, After Effects, Dreamweaver, and Premiere.
- Experience working with the following software applications: Premiere Pro, After Effects, HTML, Word, Keynote, Garage Band, SoundEdit, iMovie, or FormZ.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer