Enterprise Systems Specialist
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Enterprise Systems Specialist
Posted Date 2 months ago(2/12/2018 8:50 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 300248
Department/Unit Information Technology Services - ITS
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Enterprise Systems Specialist position within the Information Technology Services department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The position is responsible for managing and administering the enterprise-computing environment, including applications and related software tools, and other high-level technical matters associated with enterprise applications. Primary responsibilities include the management of Microsoft Windows servers, applications, and Desktops and advanced troubleshooting.
- Perform enterprise level desktop, server management, and third tier technical support duties including:
- Managing the fleet of Windows computers utilizing SCCM, WSUS, Intune and PowerShell
- Create, modify, implement and inventory desktop images for Fac/Staff and lab machines
- Create and push software updates and critical OS updates
- PC software package creation and deployment utilizing SCCM
- Work collaboratively with other ITS teams in diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Tier 3 Server and Desktop computing troubleshooting
- Office 365 back end administrator
- Writing and managing PowerShell script
Set-up and maintain enterprise level systems (e.g. printing, computer patching, software package creation, utilization reporting, and maintenance systems, etc.)
Remain current with and use ITS services and procedures for designated systems of record for ticket reporting, data and documentation tools, installation & inventory, ITS Communication guidelines, customer communication, technology trends and other duties as assigned.
- Remain current with technology trends (work with vendors, read trade journals, attend training, research, etc.)
- Mentor student employees who assist the System Specialist in providing support
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or a closely related field
- two years of professional level experience providing information systems customer support.
- Experience to include knowledge of SCCM, software package creation, PowerShell Scripting, and Office 365 administration
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Intune and WSUS
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer