1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Posted Date 1 month ago(3/13/2018 6:40 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330197
Department/Unit Dining Services - Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas is looking for an enthusiastic Purchasing Analyst who shares our values and passion for the hospitality industry. Dining Services invites qualified candidates to apply for the Purchasing Analyst position to contribute to and be part of our energetic and vibrant operation.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Purchasing Analyst will be responsible for sourcing and coordinating purchasing of food for residential dining halls, retail operations, and catering; and administration and maintenance of food management software, i.e., CBORD Foodservice Suite, (FSS). Works with management, specifically the Executive Chef, Retail Unit Supervisor, Catering Chef and Director of Dining Services, to develop purchasing and inventory strategies. Provides systems expertise to help ensure menu development and purchasing practices are aligned with department policies.
- Responsible for dining services menu management software used to include forecasting product needs, inventory management, purchasing, service reporting, and system administration to include granting access to menu management and training users on how to use the system properly.
- Monitors and enforces data entry policies for the menu management system.
- Maintains the menu management system and files.
- Serves as a liaison with the menu management system vendor for system management and maintenance.
- Compiles and submits unit order reports and other purchasing guidance.
- Assists with creating service menus, forecasting quantities of product needed, entering validated recipes, running and distributing menu management system reports, and analyzing data to provide advice regarding menu and recipe costs.
- Coordinates with the Executive Chef, Unit Managers, Catering Managers and other to ensure items are forecasted early enough to capture special orders in time to order and receive products prior to need.
- Understands and communicates information about food allergens and the relationship to food ingredients used throughout the organization.
- Supply chain management. Meets with vendors regarding products to include current, new, trends, opportunities, and limited time offers.
- Coordinates with vendors as needed for on-site food testing and sampling of new and replacement items.
- Assists with management of dining services operations as needed to cover sick-calls, Alumni weekend, Homecoming, and other special functions or events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, hospitality, or a related field
- Three years of professional work experience in a restaurant, hotel, or other hospitality related setting
- Must have experience working with production, operations, and/or menu management systems such as Food Service Suite
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
- Experience working in large organization and food service environment desired
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer