Store Operations Backroom Fulfillment Process Engineer
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: Store Operations Backroom Fulfillment Process EngineerAbout Us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers. Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is continuing to transform the way it operates. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, style and experience, new structures, new operating models and new technology, and utilizing workforce management activities for our 1,800 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they'll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you creatively envision more efficient processes and how they'll deliver a better experience for guests and team members? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you'll have success on one of our dynamic teams.As a Backroom & Fulfillment Process Engineer, you'll use your talents and experience to serve as a process expert, project manager and primary representative of Stores and Store Operations in cross functional project meetings. You will lead all components of project management and in-store project execution and implementation and identify opportunities for process and project improvements to innovate and improve the business and guest experience. Demonstrate self-direction, detailed problem solving, independent judgment and decision making in order to drive results for Store Operations.
- Proactively identify areas for productivity and process improvement through analysis and modeling.
- Leads optimization events to design, test and realize process improvements
- Collaborates across pyramids and teams early to optimize processesand influence the strategy
- Build, maintain and apply engineered standards to design process solutions and implement into the payroll planning and scheduling systems
- Perform continuous external benchmarking of in store processes to identify synergies
- Analyze and model future retail innovations to build process roadmap that leverages AI & automation
- Travel to visit stores to assess and identify ways to simplify processes, solicit store feedback, reduce store expense & rework.
- Drive operational improvement in stores by updating processes, improving operational efficiency, elevating the guest experience and increasing profitable sales.
- Utilize data, insights and research to analyze strategy and process improvements and leverage analytical tools/resources to bring concepts to life.
- Champion Target's Purpose, Beliefs, and Behaviors across teams and while delivering upon business opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering Preferred)
- 6-9 years' experience including project and process management/ownership
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to resolve problems that are without clear precedent
- Ability to build strategic vision and drive organizational change