Alcohol and Drug Counselor II
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
People Incorporated serves people with mental illness in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul metro area. In 2016, we reached 12,000 individuals through more than 60 different programs. Helping people with mental illness requires great flexibility and creativity. That's why we start with the person first...developing innovative, effective services that provide the care, resources, and connections that will help each person in the best way possible. Join us in our mission to support mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care!
Our Mental Illness / Substance Use Disorder programs follow an innovative treatment model for adults with co-occurring chemical use and mental health issues. Our person-centered treatment services provide an integrated, interdisciplinary approach that links psychological, biological, and social factors to assist people in the process of recovery. Our services are trauma informed and follow a harm-reduction model of care. We offer a full spectrum of services including inpatient for male-identifying individuals, inpatient for female-identifying individuals, gender inclusive intensive outpatient, and continuing care.
The Alcohol & Drug Counselor II (ADC) offers an array of services that support the recovery of people with serious mental and chemical health needs. ADCs counsel, educate and support individuals, families and the community. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining therapeutic relationships with clients serving as a role model for clients by demonstrating positive, proactive and respectful communications
- Providing one to one and group support and skills training, individualized interventions and crisis management using a client centered approach
- Conducting comprehensive assessments, treatment plans and discharge plans
- Assisting in the coordination of services with community providers
- Ensuring individualized treatment strategies and skills development is consistent with client's needs and goals
- Regularly and actively participate as a member of an inter-disciplinary team providing consultation and client services
- Safely administering medications and offering coaching on medication management
- Serving meals and completing general housekeeping
In all positions our staff carry client caseloads and facilitate both group and individual sessions. Our inpatient, residential programs operate 24/7 and have evening, overnight and day positions in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Our Intensive Outpatient (IOP) program is in Minneapolis and operates 8am 9pm with day and evening positions. Many positions include either an evening or weekend shift or both.
- Bachelor's degree in a social services field
- 1 year of full-time experience working in a Mental Health and/or Chemical Health environment
- Holds or is eligible for a current Minnesota ADC temporary permit or Minnesota LADC license
- Must be free of chemical use problems for at least two years immediately preceding hire and must sign a statement attesting to that fact
People Incorporated offers a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, paid time off and supervision toward professional licensure.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veterans or other status unrelated to job qualifications.