Sr Product Owner
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: SENIOR PRODUCT OWNERAbout us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Please join as a technical Sr. Product Owner in Target Technology Services.Product Teams at Target Corporation are accountable for the delivery of business outcomes enabled through technology and analytic products that are easily maintained and highly reliable. Product teams have one shared backlog that is inclusive of all product, technology and design work.As a technical Sr. Product Owner, you will work in the product model and will collaborate with your product team and key stakeholders to develop a plan and business objectives (OKRs) for your respective product. You will need to build a strong knowledge of your product through product discovery to collect customer feedback and work to collect other relevant data points that explain the value and help you prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your product. You will be the “voice of the product” with your product team and stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and you will be responsible to maintain and refine the product backlog (create user stories & acceptance criteria) while prioritizing the backlog to focus on the highest impact work for your team and stakeholders. You will encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints, as well as, inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction. You will foster sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops detailed product features and requirements and develops implementation plans.
- Draft objectives, key results and platform priorities, including the full team in the process to foster shared delivery goals for each quarter.
- Drive product discovery with the lead developer and designer to rapidly validate hypotheses and concepts with guests before committing engineering resources.
- Possess an understanding of retail, relevant technologies and mobile design principles in order to drive innovative solutions.
- Has the ability to make decisions that not everyone has agreed with.
- Accountable for the full platform and feature set, delivering in the product model and communicating product needs with business partners.
- Lead, develop and manage a cross-functional team of engineers, designers and QA, without any direct reports.
- Assess value, develop business opportunities, write and prioritize epics, stories and themes on behalf of the guest to ensure work focuses delivers maximum value in alignment with product strategy.
- Coordinates among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that products get to market per specifications, within budget and on schedule.
- Provide insightful, motivating, and constructive feedback to all roles on the team. Builds a strong team culture of progress, transparency and efficiency.
- Promotes new ideas, methods and technologies and identifies opportunities with significant ROI potential while building a culture of innovation.
- 4-year college degree and 2+ years of experience (or equivalent experience)
- Strong Technical aptitude
- Experience working Has worked on an Agile team where they have delivered a product to production, preferably at high scale
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment
- Understands Microservices and REST API standards