Application Support Analyst
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Application Support Analyst
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(3/29/2018 7:28 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330350
Department/Unit Information Technology Services - ITS
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Application Support Analyst within the department of Information Technology Services (ITS).
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Application Support Analyst is the subject matter expert, service owner, technical developer, and support for the St. Thomas digital document management system –Optix and other enterprise level systems as assigned. The person in this position uses industry trends and best practices to design, implement and support various enterprise level systems (e.g. Optix) and partners with clients on implementing tools to improve processes and workflow.
- Design, Implement, and Support Enterprise Systems: Act as subject matter expert (SME) and service owner for Optix, and other enterprise level systems rolling out new services to the St. Thomas community as appropriate and following best practices and industry trends. Utilize governance structures to make decisions about implementations, tools and configurations. Lead the integration of Optix services with St. Thomas departments utilizing scripting when appropriate.
- Act as Service Owner, partnering with University departments and department technicians to determine the best use of the technology. Communicate with business units and department technicians on a regular basis to understand evolving business process needs. Provide thought leadership, education, and training regarding ways to maximize use of technology for the University. Test and train the support team to deliver solutions.
- Troubleshoot escalated issues related to the supported enterprise level systems and environment.
- Manage or participate in projects related to Enterprise level systems. Follow ITS guidelines for managing projects. Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others.
- Remain current with technology trends and follow ITS process for projects management, service management, and ITS communications while staying informed about customer communications and technology trends. Manage own personal and professional development, seeking opportunities for expansion of technical and consulting skills and experiences.
- BA in computer sciences or a related field
- Three years of professional level experience providing information systems customer support
- Experience supporting enterprise level systems, troubleshooting, matching technology solutions with business need
- Back-end administration experience
- Experience supporting technology in an educational setting
- ITIL based project management experience in leading large projects; demonstrate a solid understanding of ITIL project management processes, methodologies, and techniques, and a proven record of accomplishment delivering projects on time and with a high degree of customer satisfaction in previous roles.
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
- Scripting experience
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer