Network Security Specialist
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Network Security Specialist
Minnkota Power Cooperative is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Network Security Specialist located at our Milton R. Young Station located near Center, ND.
Responsible for the design, configuration, testing, maintenance, monitoring, and control of the assigned hardware, operating system software, security systems and file structures. Configures, secures, supports and monitors internal and/or external networks. Provides risk assessment, cyber security, threats/vulnerability analysis, life cycle management, malware evaluation, intrusion protection, policy assessment and security awareness.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree Bachelor’s degree in cyber security, computer science, information technology, or other related area or equivalent combination of experience and education.
For more information regarding this job and our online application go to www.Minnkota.com. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Minnkota Power Cooperative is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer
- Strategy and Planning:
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, programs, standards, baselines, guidelines, procedures and metric/key performance reporting).
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise incident response, forensic investigation, vulnerability assessment, audit coordination, regulatory/policy compliance and risk analysis.
- Acquisition and Deployment:
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, control design, improved security processes and the development of controls regarding new attacks and threat vectors.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Perform the deployment, integration and configuration of security solutions and of enhancements to existing information/operational technology in accordance with standard best practice procedures and enterprise security policy.
- Operational Management:
- Maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configurations and operations of in-place security devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., general infrastructure).
- Monitor in-place security solutions for established baselines, including efficient and appropriate operations.
- Monitors security bulletins for vulnerabilities applicable to Cooperative information systems, makes mitigation recommendations to systems owners and tracks progress in applying mitigation.
- Assists in risk assessments and implementing mitigation plans for Cooperative cyber systems.
- Monitor and assess logs and reports. Interpret the implications based on reviews and devise plans for appropriate resolution and reporting.
- Assists in presenting end-user IT security training and awareness programs on security policies and guidelines.
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of information security incident response.
- Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
- Participate in the design, execution and risk mitigation regarding vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security/regulatory audits (i.e., FERC/NERC CIP, etc.).
- Provide on-call support as necessary.
- Adhere to company policies, programs and procedures as well as Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), and Midwest Reliability Organization (MRO)
- Decision Quality
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
Goals and Objectives
An employee filling this role is expected to meet changing and unique goals and objectives, as established by their supervisor, related to the broader area in which the employee is assigned.
Job Qualification Standards
Education and Training
Bachelor’s degree in cyber security, computer science, information technology, or other related area or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Progressive experience preferred in Information Systems (Information Systems Security, IT Audit, Server Administration, Network Design, Network Integration and Analysis, Database or Telecommunications) and the design of highly complex security solutions required.
- Experience preferred with Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Security Certification (GIAC ), CompTIA Security+, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security, CompTIA Network+, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Experience preferred with Windows and Linux Operating Systems, MS Office
- Experience preferred with systems administration including server side development, VMware, Microsoft Active Directory and server/storage systems hardware and architecture
- Experience preferred with network engineering principles and practices including TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, EIGRP, SNMP, WAN technologies, VLANs and LAN switching and routing
- Experience preferred in Operational Technology
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend and frequently utilize a keyboard/computer. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent will be required to problem solve, read, write and analyze data, work under schedules and deadline pressure, present information to others, work independently and use discretion and judgment for confidential or sensitive projects/issues.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to an office environment indoors, and will travel outdoors to multiple locations dependent on work.