POSITION: Accounting Faculty (PCN 01103270)
STARTING DATE: Approximately August 13, 2018
APPOINTMENT: Full-Time Unlimited
DEADLINE: To receive guaranteed consideration, application materials should be submitted online by April 16, 2018. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Instruct and facilitate learning for students. Teach courses in accounting and business that may include financial and managerial accounting, income tax, payroll, Excel, QuickBooks and any new technologies that emerge in the accounting profession. The position is in the college's Business Division and requires an active presence and availability on campus. Other duties will include recruiting and interviewing prospective students, advising current students, managing curriculum and developing new projects, job placement for graduates, professional development, and maintaining an on-going relationship with industry.
- Master's degree in accounting or a master's degree in any field with a minimum of 16 graduate semester credits (24 graduate quarter credits) in accounting or
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and a CPA or CMA certificate.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in accounting.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Business management and supervisory experience
- Two years of relevant teaching, training and/or coaching experience
- Variety of experience in accounting and business functions
- Experience with current and emerging accounting technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the comprehensive college mission
- Ability to work with a diverse student body with a broad range of interests and abilities
- Experience working in and contributing to a team
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources
Click on Academic Jobs – “How to Apply” link to apply. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copies of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
CONTACT: Shari Maloney; (320) 762-4466; Fax: 320-762-4450;
Alexandria Technical and Community College is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and retirement plan.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This information will be made available in alternative format, such as large print or cassette tape, upon request.
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/w28qbrtyjvqrykmg