Sr Engineering Manager - Digital Content
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
You will have the opportunity to work on executing the Digital Content strategies which assists Target.com guest in making a decision, or encourages Target guests to buy.
You will be leading a team and engineering solutions for delivering different Digital Content capabilities including accurately and efficiently managing and publishing enhanced content to online to drive sales, implement automated workflow to drive cost avoidance, and empower team members to deliver creative work. Be part of a team that's not only utilizing cutting edge technologies like Machine Learning but also driving topline growth for Target.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production.
- Experience with database design, data structures and database programming including relational database and at least one NoSQL storage.
- Experience with Java, Spring, Camel, and Kafka
- Experience with API architecture and cloud-ready development (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- 3+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, UI and Reporting/Visualization framework
- Digital Content and cloud based storage experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable