Senior Engineering Manager - Registry
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Join and exciting and dynamic team that is driving innovations and guest experiences at
Target. We are creating product development teams to drive the use of modern engineering practices and architectures to create a world class e-commerce platform. We are looking for a creative and motivated individual who can both lead and implement front-end Mobile technology platforms for target Registry apps.
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. You will work closely with product and design to implement high impacting experience. Engineers on your team will be highly skilled in Mobile Apps development and, in some cases backend services. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
Software Development Organization:
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Manage delivery of guest-facing experiences on Target Registry Mobile App Team
- Manage a cross-functional team of engineers developing native mobile apps for Android and iOS as well as web services supporting the apps
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
Requirements for Software Development:
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 3+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
·Experience operating medium to large scale systems
·Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
·BS degree in computer science or equivalent
·Experience with mobile programming like Java, Objective-C, Swift and Kotlin
·Experience with mobile frameworks like Core data, Core animations, React.Native
·Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS and Android applications to back-end services.
·Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
·Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
·Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
·Familiarity with continuous integration
·E-Commerce experience with a track record of innovation
·Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
·Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)