Lead Product Owner - PLP
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Product teams at Target Corporation are accountable for the delivery of product outcomes. Product outcomes are a combination of delivering business value features, and creating a technology system that is easily maintained and highly reliable. Product teams have one shared backlog that is inclusive of all product, technology and design work.
As a Lead Product Owner, you will work in the product model and will partner to develop a comprehensive product strategy, related roadmap, and set key business objectives (OKRs) for your respective product. You will need to leverage the knowledge of your product, as well as customer feedback and establish other relevant data points to assess value, develop cases, and prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your product.
You will be the “voice of the product” to all key stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and that the product team is getting the direction and support that it needs to be successful. You will develop and actively maintain a product roadmap and backlog outlining the customer themes, epics, and stories while prioritizing the backlog to focus on the highest impact work for your team and stakeholders.
You will encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints, as well as inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction. You will foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles, and partner with product teams across the organization to help them achieve their goals while pursuing and completing yours.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• 4 year degree and 5+ years of experience
• Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
• Able to apply knowledge of how a product is designed, built, deployed, and maintained in an enterprise environment
• Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
• Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
• Expert in product area you are supporting