Gift Accounting Coordinator
Gift Accounting Coordinator
Posted Date 2 weeks ago(4/3/2018 10:38 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Department/Unit University Development and Alumni Relations
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Accounting Coordinator within the University Development and Alumni Relations department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
- The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes: Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Reporting to the Associate Director of Gift Accounting, the Gift Accounting Coordinator is responsible for assisting with all document retention of gift paperwork, providing backup support to Gift Accounting Specialist, and working with Development Officers regarding letters of intent, scholarship agreements, stock gifts, and wire transfers. The Gift Accounting Coordinator is also responsible for assisting with the state registration process, processing all matching gift confirmation requests, and overseeing the daily tax receipting process.
- Assists with document retention of all gift paperwork into University's imaging system (Optix). This includes reviewing, sorting, and saving all assigned gift paperwork and ensuring quality imaging of all gifts greater than $5,000.
Assists with preparing gifts, pledges, and adjustments for entry and processes these into University's Enterprise data system (Banner) during periods of heavy volume, special projects, and/or absence of Gift Accounting Specialist. This may include:
- Creation of new constituent records.Researching giving history for pledges, and determine accuracy of giving designation(s) and campaign code information.
- Analyzing gifts to determine if they are pledge payments or outright contributions.
- Obtaining appropriate approval on gifts over a certain level.
- Determining proper hard and soft credits for accurate donor records.
- Coordinates with development officers and Associate Director of Gift Accounting to ensure sign-off and proper documentation for:
- Letters of intent and pledges; ensures documentation is completed, in Optix and properly communicated to the Development Officer.
- Endowed and annual scholarship agreements.
- Works with Associate Director of Gift Accounting, Development Officers, stock broker, Gift Accounting Specialist and the UST treasury office on stock gifts to prepare sign-offs, gift paperwork and stock letters. Monitors all incoming wire transfers and ensures paperwork is completed before sending to Gift Accounting Specialist.
- Processes all matching gift confirmation requests in a timely fashion, reviewing all restrictions to ensure the University is compliant with matching gift requirements.
- Coordinates state registration process for University Development and Alumni Engagement. Works with Gift Accountant to compile all necessary documents and prepare documents for signatures.
- Manages the daily tax receipting process. Prints and reviews tax receipts, coordinates approvals and mailing tax receipts in a timely fashion.
- Oversees all incoming gifts, mail, and email for the Gift Accounting team. This includes tracking expected gifts and notifying Development Officers upon receipt.
- Assist with other special projects as assigned by the Associate Director of Gift Accounting.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of clerical/administrative support experience
Any equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted
- Experience in higher education, or a business or accounting environment
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer