IT DBA Analyst
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Evaluate, document, implement, test, and performs incident resolution and root cause analysis on a variety of databases. Work with various software environments, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms. Perform day-to-day administration, analysis, and SSRS Report writing to maintain and enhance enterprise reports. Will enable business analysis and reporting of vital data, often blending data from different, often connected, business systems. Assists with database projects based on direction of the IT Data Supervisor and the IT Business Systems Manager. Work with end users as well as with other IT professionals.
- Create new reports and maintain/enhance existing reports primarily using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Migrate legacy reports into SSRS, or enhance existing application reports. Test and deploy reports, manage report security and provide documentation. Troubleshoot reporting and database issues.
- Maintain accurate database documentation, procedures, logical and physical diagrams. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Participates to database compliance, such as MICS, PCI, and HIPPA.
- Performs product evaluations, recommends and implements minor products/services. Work with some supervision/oversight and learn new technologies through the use of self-study materials. Ability to articulate technical information clearly and simply to customers or other non-technical personnel. Provide support for 24x7 business operations including on-call. Follow incident, problem, and change & release management processes. Multi-task and work in cross functional team.
- Assists with the implementation of new databases ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are met or exceeded.
- Any combination of post-secondary education in Business, Information Technology or related IT field and IT related experience to equal 4 years.
- Experience with MS SQL stack, especially SSRS.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and sound judgment.
- Knowledge and understanding of incident, problem and escalation process.
- On feet or standing 20% of time.