Information Technology Operations Manager
Grade Level: 12
Position & FLSA Status: Full-Time Exempt
Date of Latest Revision: March 2018
To cultivate and maintain positive strategic relationships with City leadership and end-user personnel, represent user requirements to IT and translate into value-added IT operations and plans, develop relevant service level agreements, manage cross-functional projects, and perform business analysis through requirements elicitation and management.
This position essentially functions as the primary liaison between the end-user community and IT, ensuring that IT cost-effectively facilitates the attainment of departmental business objectives in partnership with relevant IT personnel.
Essential Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
1) Business Relationship Management.
2) Project Management.
3) Business Analysis.
5) Up-to-date and relevant IT process-related documentation.
6) Annual IT budget preparation and administration.
7) Performance of other job-related responsibilities as apparent or directed.
Competencies Common to All Positions:
Developing and maintaining a thorough working knowledge of all department and applicable City policies and procedures in order to help facilitate compliance with such policies and procedures by all personnel.
Demonstrating by personal example the service excellence and integrity expected from all staff.
Developing respectful and cooperative relationships with co-workers, including willing assistance to newer staff so job responsibilities can be performed with confidence as quickly as possible.
Conferring regularly with and keeping the immediate supervisor informed of all important matters pertaining to those functions and job responsibilities for which accountable.
Representing the City in a professional manner to the general public and other outside contacts/constituencies in a manner that helps maintain and enhance New Brighton's reputation as a well managed City.
City of New Brighton Core Values that are Common to All Positions:
Represent and model the following established City of New Brighton Values:
Respect for Residents, Businesses, and Visitors
Effective Communication with Residents of New Brighton
Promote a Healthy Business Climate
Understand Our Past as we invest in the Future
Recognize the Importance of Working with Neighboring Communities
Provide for the Safety and Security of the Community
Accountability and Integrity in Service Delivery
Typical Working Environment:
Work is typically performed in an inside, temperature-controlled environment. There is an expectation of attendance at evening / off-hours meetings as scheduled or requested.
This position is required work off hours for scheduled project-related implementations.
Selection Criteria to Qualify for this Position:
Minimal job requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience in a senior level IT position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Previous training and/or demonstrated competency in:
- Business Relationship Management
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Conflict resolution, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Unwavering customer focus.
- CAPM certification, project management certificate, or commensurate experience.
- ITIL® Foundations Certification or commensurate experience in an organization that aligned with service management best practices.
Desirable job requirements:
- PMP certification
- CBAP certification
- BRMP certification
- ITIL® Intermediate or Expert certification
- Lean Process Improvement certification
- Previous IT experience in a government environment.