Posted Date 3 weeks ago(4/5/2018 11:44 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330111
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Admissions Counselor within the Admissions Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The position of Admissions Counselor plays a vital role in recruiting, building relationships with and enrolling the necessary quantity and quality of students to meet the enrollment goals of the university. The Admissions Counselor is the first point of contact for students and families, represents the university to both internal and external constituencies and participates in community outreach activities within various community-based organizations and high schools. S/he manages a recruitment territory of 3,000 – 7,000 inquiries and 300 - 700 admitted students each year and actively contributes to analyzing data, developing marketing strategies and making initial admissions decisions designed to achieve the goals of headcount, academic quality, diversity and net revenue objectives. S/he communicates admission policies and financial aid basics (merit based aid, scholarships, and federal/state/institutional regulations policies and procedures) to prospective students, parents and high school counselors. The Admissions Counselor uses ever-changing technology, including the Salesforce CRM and Banner, to reach and track interaction with students.
- Meet with students and parents on and off campus to counsel and present information regarding college selection and the University of St. Thomas, including the Dougherty Family College.
- Master and effectively communicate university information through a variety of channels and provide quality customer service to all impacted audiences throughout the college search.
- Must build relationships with diverse populations and is the first point of contact with a variety of constituencies including high school counselors, students, parents, career counselors, colleagues from other institutions, state and national organization representatives.
- Serve on various cross functional teams throughout the university that impact the recruitment and retention of students.
Territory Management and Data Analysis:
- Analyze recruitment data and use information to strategize and manage a recruitment territory and to determine travel and communication plans.
- Create targeted marketing strategies and events designed to reach specific audiences in a recruitment territory.
- Implement effective technological communication and measure success.
- Guide students and families through the application process, including questions regarding timeline, scholarships, admissibility and admission decisions.
- Evaluate applications for admission and make recommendations for the admissions committee regarding individual student applications.
- Educate students regarding dual enrollment options and transferability of courses to St. Thomas.
- Bachelor's Degree
- One (1) year of experience in an academic or related setting
- Valid driver's license required. Night and weekend work and travel is required.
- Experience as a tour guide, student ambassador, intern, or related higher education experience
- Related experience in marketing, sales, event planning, territory management, relationship building, and customer service
- Knowledge and experience in Admissions
Admissions Counselors are directly responsible for building the relationships that result in the delivery of approximately $40,000,000 in new revenues each year for first-year, domestic students. With our very competitive marketplace, these positions are high stress and high visibility with very little "down time" in a recruitment year.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer