Buyer Small Formats | Essentials & Beauty
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: JOIN US AS A SMALL FORMATS BUYER - Essentials & BeautySimilar Industry Titles and Key Words:Join us in working on a key enterprise initiative at an exciting time when we are learning, iterating and scaling the small format portfolio. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Small Formats Buyer, you'll take the lead as you…PRIMARY FUNCTION
- Merchandising and Assortment Strategy: Work with Small Format Sr. Buyer to identify and execute merchandising strategies for assigned product classifications to deliver a relevant guest experience in Small Format stores. Combines trade area inputs and guest insights with core assortment knowledge to deliver locally-relevant assortment strategies. Major tasks include assortment and planogram strategy development for new stores/transitions/revisions, company space planning, segmentation strategy development, and planogram proofing.
- Assortment Planning & Execution: Analyzes category level sales and profitability to create locally relevant assortment strategies by trade area. Manages assortment strategy execution, communication, and coordination with core merchandising.
- Financials: Analyze current Small Format sales and profitability performance to inform assortment updates, optimization, and future planning.
- Education & Insight sharing: Share small format learnings/considerations, field feedback and white space opportunities with core buyers to help improve format understanding and execution
- Store and Field Partnership: Partner with Small Format Sr. Buyer and appropriate cross functional teams to take appropriate action on store requests. Document insights to inform future planning.
- Process: Helps develop sustainable processes for long-term scalability of Small Formats process and execution.
- Inventory: Partner with the IM Ops team to plan and execute inventory strategies in Small Format stores.
- CFT: Collaborate with multiple cross-functional partners. Work closely with all levels of Merchandising (including (Sr.) Buyers and Directors, as well as Store Planning, Store Ops, Finance, Space & Presentation, IM Ops, Guest Insights, Vendor Partners, Visual Merchandising, and Category Management teams.
- Special Projects: Lead special projects as needed.
- Travel: travels to identify market trends, understand new trade areas and launch/support new site openings.
- 4-year degree or relevant work experience
- Two+ years previous Retail Merchandising or Merchandise Planning experience
- Strong analytical ability
- Strategic orientation
- Thrives in ambiguity and a highly collaborative environment
- Innovates and challenges the status quo
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong bias for action
- CFT Leadership Experience