Essential job functions
- Maintain operation of all equipment located in the boiler house; boilers, DA filters, plant water pre-treatment and post treatment, reverse osmosis system, water softener, pumps, and related equipment.
- Maintain operation of the cooling towers/pump houses, and related equipment.
- Test and maintain proper water chemistry throughout the affected areas.
- Perform and record the safety checks required for safe and efficient operation.
- Maintain a log that chronicles the day-to-day happenings in the affected areas.
- Track chemical usage and inventories. Maintain inventories of plant expendables and frequently used items.
- Under given purchasing authority, make purchases in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide training on cooling towers, boilers, and related equipment to Employees to maximize growth potential and knowledge.
- Understand the plant’s steam distribution and condensate returning system to enable you to troubleshoot problems in the system.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with chemical representatives to ensure a resource for treatment issues that may arise.
- Communicate to the environmental technician problems which may arise and work together on problem solving.
- Maintain housekeeping in areas in and around the boiler houses, pump houses, and sanitary/storm ditches.
- Participate in monthly training classes as required on environmental, health and safety.
- Complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Coordinate work functions with fellow employees and other departments.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform housekeeping inside and outside of all bean receiving and loadout areas.
- Assist in training less experienced employees to ensure maximum growth potential.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Work in an honest and ethical manner; maintain confidentiality on all business related matters.
- Physically report to work on time at their assigned locations and is seldom absent.
- Maintain a team environment with other departments at all times.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and friendly atmosphere.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must possess the ability to communicate both verbally and written
· Must possess the ability to train fellow Employees and management staff
· Basic math skills
· Water chemistry knowledge
· Must hold current license of: 1st Class B License from the State of Minnesota.
· Ability to frequently bend, squat, climb, kneel, sit, stand, walk, and push/pull
· Ability to frequently carry/lift 25-50 lbs. and occasionally carry/lift over 50 lbs.
· Exposed to excessive noise
· Exposed to moving machinery
· Exposed to marked changes in temperature
· Exposed to dust, fumes, and gases
Apply for Boiler Operator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly