MAP seeks Benefits Counselor to provide client intake, promotion and enrollment into health care benefits for people living with HIV.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct assistance to clients to obtain health care benefits through county, state and federal agencies, including MNsure (Minnesota’s health insurance exchange), Minnesota’s AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), and financial assistance programs
- Provide assistance to other providers regarding health care benefits for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA)
- Organize client files and reporting data
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of health care coverage
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of HIV and HIV-related benefits concerns and resources
- Collect needed data for required reports
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with other organizations (and other departments within MAP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Health or Human Services or related field, minimum one-year experience in HIV or social services, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- Understanding of MNsure and the Affordable Care Act
- Understanding of private health insurance systems
- Understanding of public health insurance programs, including Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare
- Understanding of Medicare
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent telephone manner and strong interpersonal skills
- High level of motivation with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities under strict deadlines
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and direct service provision
- Experience with HIV or HIV services
Hours: 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week, generally MO-FR, 9am-5pm) until March 31, 2020, with possible extension contingent on funding.
The Minnesota AIDS Project is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons, including women, people of color, persons with disabilities and people identifying as LGBQ+.