Chemical Health Assessor
JustUs Health, formed through a merger between the Minnesota AIDS Project (MAP) and Rainbow Health Initiative (RHI), envisions a Minnesota where people from diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities experience health and wellness in powerfully inclusive environments. Founded in 1983, MAP is widely recognized for the impact of its prevention and support services for individuals living with HIV or at risk of HIV infection. RHI, founded in 2001, advances the health of the LGBTQ communities through research, education and advocacy. Together, JustUs Health will lead work to achieve health equity for diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities.
JustUs Health seeks a part-time Chemical Health Assessor. The Chemical Health Assessor assists individuals, with a focus on people living with HIV, in addressing chemical health concerns. This position provides chemical health counseling, Rule 25 assessments and reassessments, placements into treatment programs, planning and coordination of aftercare services and consultation for providers. Works with medical, social service and chemical health service providers throughout the community.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage with clients one-on-one to develop rapport and build relationships.
- Complete chemical health assessments and updates.
- Provide placement coordination and follow-up to chemical dependency treatment programs.
- Meet with clients and provide services at in provider office and community based locations (clinics, hospitals, partner organizations, libraries, schools, etc.).
- Coordinate services with supporting professionals including HIV providers, medical professionals and chemical dependency providers.
- Provide chemical health counseling with clients to support their chemical health goals.
- Maintain thorough understanding of HIV disease, transmission and services and deliver information to clients in appropriate ways to support client health management and transmission risk reduction
- Complete charting in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with agency protocols, contract standards and legal regulations.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with other organizations and professionals.
- Active LADC licensure or be immediately eligible for LADC license.
- One year of employment experience is preferred providing chemical health services in a position that involved carrying a caseload and the following duties: Chemical health assessments and reassessments, interdisciplinary care coordination, resource development, development and utilization of client-centered care plans.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise working with African American, Latino and multi-racial communities who are disproportionately impacted by HIV. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated comfort and skill in addressing Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer and Transgender health issues. Individuals from these communities are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with HIV-positive people, and those engaged in risk behaviors for HIV in individual and group settings. Individuals from this target population encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge and comfort working with topics including: HIV health, chemical health, mental health and sexual health and conducting this work from a client-centered, harm-reduction perspective.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license. Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel independently throughout the metro area is required.
Hours: Part Time- Approximately 20 hours per week, generally MO-FR, 9am-5pm.
Apply for Chemical Health Assessor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly