Sr Front-End Developer - POS
The POS team is on a journey to build the next generation in-store checkout experience. We architect solutions to facilitate massive scale; design libraries and abstractions to make our jobs easier; embrace modern web development practices and tools to ensure consistency, stability, and performance; and are fully responsible for the UI web stack. We realize successes through our strong engineering culture and delighting our Store team members and guests with great web experiences.
About this Opportunity
We are seeking an engineer who is able to jump in and contribute to our projects.
As a Sr. Front End Engineer at Target you will use your skills, experience, and talent to be part of our amazing team. Here is what we are looking for in you:
- Work as a member of a product team that will iterate to provide elevated in-store checkout experience.
- Contribute to our full-stack React universal application.
- Continuously work to improve through pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application.
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture.
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers.
- Contribute unit and functional tests to certify your work is good.
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks.
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in web technologies.
- Experience with web frameworks like React, Redux, Electron.
- Experience developing Adaptive or Responsive websites using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Familiarity with build tools such as webpack, Rollup, gulp, and Grunt.
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha).
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git.
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Node.js, React, Redux, HTML5, CSS3
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services.
- Experience building accessible websites.
- Experience working on project facilitating true CI and CD.
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Git, etc.).
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies.
As part of the Point of Sale experience team you will be a front-line contributor to the future of In-store checkout experiences in 1800+ Target stores.