3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: Lead a team of sourcing/product development managers, and partner with Target's global teams to deliver outstanding owned-brand performance/activewear product to our guests. Build a world-class product sourcing and development strategy at the country, vendor and factory level to drive speed, flexibility and value. Lead and influence optimal and innovative global product development models, calendars and processes. Optimize efficiency in the supply chain by aligning with the best partners.Develop a team with negotiation skill and deep costing knowledge, the ability to project manage and lead cross-functionally through the product development process, and with expert knowledge of development and manufacturing processes and timing.Create strong and influential relationships with Designers, Merchants, Planning, Responsible Sourcing, Quality and Vendors to deliver on owned-brand business goals.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic Planning - Builds innovative, visionary and strategic 1-3 year roadmaps for sourcing and product development and that align with merchandising and design strategies. Sets challenging goals & objectives, identifies metrics and measures progress, and delivers results.
- Team Leadership - Develops a diverse, world class team providing development, coaching, motivation, support and feedback to team members. Creates a positive atmosphere of team work, inclusion and collaboration.
- Financial Results - Leads the team to deliver on product timing and costing goals to drive financial results for the business. Through creative thought leadership, helps teams build negotiation plans and understand varied negotiation levers to optimize value and outcomes across multiple business categories. Understands financials of business and creatively influences balancing cost, quality and efficiency to improve sales and profitability, and drive best value.
- Global/Business Partner Planning - Has a strong understanding of the global economic landscape, at both country of production and vendor/factory matrix levels. Capable of synthesizing knowledge of global landscape and business strategies to develop a global/vendor matrix plan that meets current sourcing needs, and positions the business for optimal results in future landscapes.
- Project/Calendar Management - Leads team in the creation of project, calendar and process plans that allow for fast, flexible, innovative and optimized product development
- Cross-Functional Leadership - Builds collaborative partnerships across multiple functions within headquarters and global offices. Quickly identifies business interdependencies and needs and influences business strategy and plans.
- 4 year college degree and/or equivalent experiences.
- 8+ years merchandising, sourcing and/or product development experience; prior experience in performance/activewear preferred
- Demonstrated experience in strategic & cross-functional leadership, planning and execution.
- Leading and problem solving in ambiguous, nuanced business environment
- Experience driving results across multiple, varied categories of business
- Agility to work in a fast paced, high growth environment. Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated experience in team development and leadership.
- Ability to build and leverage strong cross-organizational relationships to influence business outcomes
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills