St. Catherine University invites applications for a Loan Coordinator in Student Accounts. The Loan Coordinator is responsible for administering the following educational loan programs; Federal Perkins Loan, the Associate, Baccalaureate and Graduate Nursing Student Loans and the Nurse Faculty Loan programs and is responsible for all aspects of the loans, from initial disbursement through repayment in full, reconciling the general ledger with the third party Fiscal Operations and Annual Operating Transaction Reports, reconciling loan payments, determining Investment Income, and preparing and posting monthly journal entries. The Loan Coordinator prepares the annual Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate (FISAP) Section III; Perkins, the Associate, Baccalaureate, and Graduate Annual Operating Reports, and the Nurse Faculty Performance Report for the Federal Government as well are providing supporting documents the external annual audit, which includes preparing footnotes.
• Prepare and process multiple journal entries each month; upload Eprom files: Borrower, Loan and Disbursement
• Verify electronic signatures, assign loans to the government, process approved write-offs to HRSA and internal write-offs; maintain enrolled borrower report, separate loans as required by regulations
• Reconcile loans entered in the eUAS system and St. Catherine University to ensure accuracy as well as reconcile UAS to G/L loan fund accounts, balance sheet accounts and report differences/errors monthly
• Process online Loan Verification Certificates (LVC) and payments; upload Non-Cash Payments to UAS; Process disability requests, respond to borrower credit disputes, enter loan holds
• Use correct fund (s) to code monthly invoices for accounts payable; monitor bankruptcy filings
• Complete loan analysis monthly and annual write-off processing; maintain Cohort Default rates for all loan programs
• Research regulatory requirements and attend training to ensure all programs remain compliant
• Review forms for students that complete Economic Hardship, Forbearance, Deferment, Disability, etc., send forms to UAS for processing; arrangements, payments and exits
• Coordinate electronic exit interviews; mail certified paper copies of exit interviews if student fails to complete on-line, prom notes when paid in full, scan PIF documents and student files to DocFinity and update when paid in full
• Monitor Leave of Absence and Voluntary Withdrawal reports to separate loans
• Work with collection agency requests regarding defaulted loans
• Phone and email correspondence; customer service and meeting one-on-one with students, staff and faculty
• Backup cashier window and presentations at orientation events and/or Student Accounts presentations
• Supervise the collection call process assigned to staff and assist in meeting deadlines as needed
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr to electronically apply for this position. Position number is 20180022-Staff. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
• BS/BA in Accounting or business related degree with a minimum of three years of accounting experience is required.
• Proficiency in computer system applications, internet applications, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as detail-oriented with a high degree of analytical ability.
• Knowledge of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Department of Justice Privacy Act of 1974, Bankruptcy laws (Chapter 7 & 13), Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and understanding the Financial Student Aid Handbook are preferred.
• Ability to work with internal and external customers in adversarial circumstances.
• Prior experience in higher education and student loan collections preferred; SCT Banner Oracle software a plus.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well with a diverse student population.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org