BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
To work at Twin Cities PBS is to be connected, inspired, educated and supported by the people you work with and by the community around you. We are a collection of planners, analysts, story-tellers, creative minds, artists and technologists on a common mission: to reach and inspire our community to learn more, see more, BE more.
Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is seeking a full-time Business Intelligence Analyst to help TPT build a culture of data driven decision-making.
DATA LEADERSHIP & CONSULTING
- Analyze data use in current TPT decision-making processes; provide recommendations for improving the use of metrics in evaluating strategic and operational effectiveness.
- Assess current KPI & metric foundations; consult with departmental leaders on strategies to store, use, and optimize current datasets.
- Help establish a BI data roadmap for TPT, including the adoption of new databases and reporting solutions.
- Lead the introduction of new data and metrics from idea to implementation and evaluation.
- Ensure that data storage and collection techniques are scalable with business teams.
DATA GOVERNANCE & PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Identify data governance and system administration risks of current systems and processes; recommend alternative system and process solutions.
- Prioritize and lead cross-functional process improvement and business intelligence projects.
FINANCE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION & USER TRAINING
- Administrator for TPT’s cloud-based financial planning and report tool, Adaptive Insights and provide support and training to 50+ users.
- Routine system maintenance to support monthly, quarterly, and annual planning process.
FINANCE SYSTEM DESIGN & BUSINESS ANALYSIS
- Evaluate proposed system enhancements to TPT’s financial systems; research and communicate downstream impacts to stakeholders including department leaders and system users.
- Minimum 7-10 years in a business intelligence role, preferably in a project setting
- Project management experience, preferably in an IT or BI setting; an ability to move projects forward despite ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence without authority
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with leaders and partners quickly
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- A reputation for being dependable, reliable, and conscientious.
- Intermediate to advanced fluency with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time working on a computer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Systems, or related field
- 3 years of project delivery experience as a business analyst or project leader
- Experience with using or supporting Adaptive Insights planning software, SAP Planning, or other financial planning tools.
- Financial system administration and support
- Experience with end-user training
- Experience with system and process documentation
If you have the necessary skills, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/ to
ABOUT TPT: Founded in 1957, Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is one of the most innovative public media organizations
in the country. Every day, TPT uses the power of media to advance the arts, spur learning, help young people
succeed and help adults age vitally. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability
employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting
process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-222-1717