Grounds Specialist FT 2nd shift 2:45pm-11:15pm
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $13.00 / hr
Performs a variety of functions including mowing, weeding, planting, and snow removal. Ensures parking lots and garages are clear of debris, and sidewalks are clear of snow and ice to provide a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment. Provides guest service by controlling traffic and providing jump start service.
- Handles the pickup and removal of trash throughout the property, including adjacent roads and replacing garbage receptacle liners.
- Removes snow and ice from walks, entrances and shelters. Operates small equipment such as snow blowers and applies de-icing products as needed.
- Mows, plants, weeds, and waters all flowerbeds and landscaping areas. Operates small equipment to maintain landscape, such as mowers and trimmers.
- Provides jump-start and tire inflation services to both internal and external guests. Driving is not an essential function of this job. In the event driving is required, employees must adhere to the driving standards determined by the SMSC.
- Provides traffic control for events, construction, and snow removal operations. Places and removes signs, cones, and barricades as directed and needed.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Ability to operate small-engine equipment and basic mechanical knowledge and ability.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- On feet or standing 60% of shift.
- Outside work 90% of shift - As related to climate conditions. May work in sub-zero conditions in winter or excessive heat in the summer in a non-climate controlled environment.