Sr Engineering Manager - Robotic Process Automation and Chatbots
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
About PRA (Process reengineering and automation) - PRA as a product group started early 2017 and has morphed into multiple products on digital robotics. The automation vision extends across touchpoint of humans to machines and human to human. The vision led to incubate and deliver multiple in-house custom developed products within a span of 12 months incorporating advanced capabilities like natural language processing (NLP), optical/ image character recognition (OCR/ ICR) and artificial intelligence (AI). These include
- Cognitive process automation RPA product that is patent pending
- Channel agnostic chatbot product supporting bots and human for seamless interaction and handover
- Bigdata product to ingest unstructured data at scale, cluster and identify significant business opportunities
The benefits span across
- Improvement in productivity, efficiency, accuracy, working capital, reduced cost of operations and assisting with strategic initiatives
- Potential revenue impact with conversational commerce and service
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- Build and manage enterprise scale chatbot products that enables realtime human to human conversation within a context. In store, the product would be integrated with myHelp on myDevice. Leverage different options of chat interface for HQ - web, slack, app. Different interface with guest either on target.com, social and/or others
- Build and manage RPA and other products in PRA product group
- Drive platform capabilities enabled with advancement in the technology including machine learning, deep learning, NLP, search and cognitive computing.
- Use data to create business domain specific models, use feedback loop to continuously improve the accuracy
- Apply the science of utilizing data to solve business problems, the performance and processing problems of dealing with big data, building web scale systems with high response times
- Partner with product teams in building and delivering high value products, iterate on ideas and continue to innovate and incubate.
- Provides leadership, coaching, motivation and assistance to team to ensure teamwork and high performance in the accomplishment of all responsibilities and projects.
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- Experience managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, Grails- JVM language and framework
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Full stack engineering with agile and innovative mindset
- Implemented or understanding of NLP and ML and exposure to open source libraries
- Exposure to Python, node, scala, R are desirable.