Medical Billing Specialist
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Staffing Partners' non-profit client in Edina is looking for a Medical Billing AR professional to join their team! This is a temp-hire opportunity that offers flexibility and opportunity for growth! Flexible hours!
• Responsible for ensuring billing to program participants is completed and overseeing the collection efforts. • Ensure correct billing of Program expenses to payers; includes checking for errors in the program’s billing statements.
• Record and track all charges in company designated (AR) software.
• Ensure AR entry batches match revenue amount of Program.
• Research, correct and refile any denied claims from payer source; includes contacting program staff if necessary to correct claim.
• Be a resource for other accounting staff regarding Program revenue and other Program
• Responsible for collection of past due accounts from payer sources using collection procedures as prescribed by the organization.
• Backup for other Accounts Receivable staff.
• Assure program participant privacy is maintained by being knowledgeable and following HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
• High School Diploma/GED
• 3-5 years of experience of Medical Billing Required (preferably in a hospital or larger facility)
• 3-5 years Vital Works accounts receivable software experience preferred.
• Basic math skills are required for this position.
• Analytical/Creative problem solving/Decision making. • Works under moderate supervision, but frequently acts alone.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good organizational skills.
Apply for Medical Billing Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly