Sr Project Manager Supply Chain
Description: About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we're looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams. We are on a journey to transform our supply chain into a world-class, replenishment and delivery system. Whenever and wherever Target Guests choose to shop, we are committed to ensuring that they will always find the products they love in-stock at Target stores or online at Target.com.In this role, as part of the Supply Chain Project Management Team will play a critical role in the development of new capabilities to support the future vision of Target's Global Supply Chain and Logistics. The position will be responsible for leading new initiatives requiring problem solving, critical thinking, and project management skills.This position will work with a broad set of supply chain stakeholders, internal and field facing supply chain team members, our data and analytics organization, and technical partners to collaborate on the best solutions to optimize for cost, speed, accuracy, and simplicity.
- Lead, manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners, and stakeholders to deliver new or evolved capabilities for Target's Supply Chain and Logistics organization.
- Leverage project management tools and methods to ensure on time delivery of expected scope at expected level of performance.
- Support communication to executive sponsors of work progress including milestone achievement, decisions and risks.
- Rapidly develop an understanding of the end-to-end customer experience and dependencies on other areas.
- Think strategically to solve business challenges and make data driven decisions
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience; Master's Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience with project management and/or intake management
- Analytical/ logistics experience analyzing data and prioritizing (Coding or Engineering background preferred - SQL, R)
- Experience managing multiple, highly complex initiatives at one time
- Experience self-directing work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of various parts of supply chain (logistics, analytics, distribution) preferred
- Enjoys communicating detailed data and reporting updates to various levels of leaders