Lead Equipment Mechanic
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $18.00 - $22.00 / hr based on qualifications
Job Description: Job Summary
Repairs and maintains the golf course equipment at The Meadows at Mystic. Also assists in the planning, organizing, implementation and supervision of activities related to the equipment acquisition, repair, and preventive maintenance programs in order to maintain the highest standards of excellence.Primary Duties:
- Assists with the planning, organizing, direction and oversight of the routine maintenance, repair, and acquisition of all golf course maintenance equipment to achieve established short and long-range goals.
- Diagnoses and performs mechanical repairs on light-duty vehicles, mowers, trimmers, and other small engine golf course maintenance equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on light-duty vehicles, mowers, trimmers, and other small engine maintenance equipment.
- Provides direction and work assignments to Groundskeepers to ensure all equipment is maintained and repaired in a timely manner, when applicable.
- Frequently inspects the golf course maintenance equipment to evaluate how well maintenance standards are being achieved and to effect changes in maintenance programs.
- Monitors usage to ensure tools and equipment are being operated properly and safely, as well as determining equipment needs.
- Ensures necessary supplies are on hand and inventory control measures in place to maintain the equipment.
- Maintains shop areas and tools/diagnostic equipment to ensure safety and cleanliness.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of three years of maintenance and repair work experience
- Ability to perform and/or manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities.
- Excellent guest service and communication skills.
- Basic computer proficiency to include word processing, electronic mail, and related business software.
- Valid Driver's License may be required with good driving record.