Product Line Manager
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Product Line Manager’s primary role is to provide product and market intelligence to the Company with the clear objective of increasing market share. The Product Line Manager will define product, pricing, positioning, and promotion strategies. The Product Line Manager must be an analytical thinker, possess a strong business acumen, able to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, rationalize data and provide practical recommendations.
- Provides competitive analysis including analyzing data, market trends, identifies market opportunities, advises on pricing and promotional decisions, and provides recommendations and guidance.
- Act as business advocate responsible for interpreting market trends, generating consumer feedback, identifying growth opportunities, idea generation and communication back to the organization.
- Identifies target markets and market penetration strategies.
- Define product strategy including product diversification, features and options; Translate product strategy into detailed requirements.
- Act as Customer Advocate and Voice Of The Customer; Understand the aspects of a customer’s business which applies to our product offerings by capturing and articulating market problems and translating them into market requirements for product management including design, performance needs, features and options.
- Monitors the creation and development of new products, performing ongoing market research, tracking customer satisfaction, participating in the product decision making process, and measuring product success.
- Coordinates product introduction and market exploitation.
- Discern and generate business cases for product extensions and product enhancements.
- Aware of customer needs, competitors’ product offerings, customer’s buying preferences, and competitive advantage/disadvantage.
- Participates in industry associations to become familiar with the major contractors/dealers in the industry; Plans and attends trade-shows and events for the specific markets.
- Review revenue, model mix and configuration sales trends.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or similar field. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience within construction equipment sales and marketing roles; strong familiarity with Compact Track Loaders and Skid Steers.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Professional written, verbal, and presentation skills (attentive listener, articulate speaker).
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
- Must have excellent project management, presentation and customer skills.
- Solid business acumen and ability to use statistics to compile, analyze and recognize trends and test for significance.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, budgeting, and developing business strategy.
- Create and utilize requirements, specification documents and business plans to help guide launch plans for our products.
- Ability to be innovative in meeting overall goals of the product line.
- Ability to motivate others and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to assess/evaluate and initiate decisive action as needed in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Must be able to successfully navigate through the wholesale and retail operational aspects of a predominantly relationship-based dealer distribution network.
- Generally knowledgeable of and able to successfully link the product, the application, the channel partner, the end user, the market and the competition.
- Must be able to effectively deliver corporate, global processes within local environments.
- Provides leadership and motivation without formal authority.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
Apply for Product Line Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly