Plus is driven to be the best relocation management company in the industry. We are committed to providing completely customized global mobility programs and flawless execution. Our game-changing, innovative approach has propelled us from a boutique firm, to a full-service global mobility powerhouse with offices located around the world. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with additional offices in London, Hong Kong, and Shanghai, our tri-regional model allows us to deliver seamless mobility services in more than 176 countries.
We invest in our employees by concentrating on continuous training, personal development, creating work-life balance, utilizing the Gallup Strengths Finder to explore individual strengths, and believe in creating opportunities to grow both professionally and personally.
Plus is looking for an Acountant to join our Accounting team. Someone with a passion for working with numbers, and delivering a high level of customer service internally and externally. An ideal candidate will possess skills in their attention to detail, knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, and has a strong understanding of handling global financials. This role will be working under the direction of our Controller.
If you are an experienced, passionate, and driven accounting professional, then we want to speak to you!
You will be responsible for maintaining accurate and timely general ledger balances and supporting accounting records. You will also ensure ongoing compliance with established control procedures, that all subledgers are up-to-date and accurate, and leading the ongoing maintenance and future development of global financials.
What your day as an Accountant looks like:
- Leading the migration for a new financial management software package. This includes mapping out a new general ledger numbering system to allow historical numbers to remain relevant while also allowing for future growth
- Leading the accounting process for all foreign subsidiaries general ledger and financial reporting
- Maintaining accurate detailed primary and subsidiary records of all general ledger balances and ensure that such records are updated and reconciled monthly
- Monitoring processing of transactions to ensure that transactions are classified and reported in accordance with established company policy
- Completing account reconciliations in a timely manner
- Monitoring company compliance GAAP as well as internally established procedures and controls, making recommendations and working with Company personnel to remedy problems identified
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Developing and maintaining corporate annual budget
- Maintaining communication with management and other departments
- Researching and resolving discrepancies seeking cross-departmental assistance as necessary
What you will bring to this position:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be a self-starter and work autonomously, as well as be part of a successful team
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective and proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to respond resourcefully and constructively to new demands, priorities, and challenges
- Ability to maintain 100% accuracy when performing detail-oriented and repetitive processes
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in accounting
Why choose Plus Relocation?
Our vision, mission, and values says it all - we have the best employees who care and want to make a difference. Below are just a few additional perks of working at Plus:
- Use of Gallup Strengths Finder
- Work/Life Balance
- Comprehensive health package
- 401(k) plan
- Profit Sharing
- On-Site Gym Membership ($10 annually)
- On-Site Yoga
- Free Personal Training (remote or at on-site gym)
- Close to downtown Minneapolis (394/169)
- Free Ramp Parking
- Wellbeing Program
- Leadership Focused Development
Want to learn more? Check us out at http://www.plusrelocation.com/careers/. We look forward to hearing from you!