Sr Engineering Manager - Cloud & Compute
Target's Cloud and Compute teams are responsible for building and operating the various compute platforms hosted at Target's Data Centers and at the Edge locations and are mandated to provide a seamless hosting, deployment and runtime management capabilities for the applications hosted on our platform. Our goal is to bring a ubiquitous experience to the software developers.
This role is in the area of Edge Computing, where we are looking for a dynamic leader to lead the team that builds and operates the container delivery and run time platform that hosts applications and services at our 1800+ store locations.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker containers.
- 3+ years of managing infrastructure teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Agile Mindset (ability to adapt/change direction vs. 2yr plan)
- Experience operating within a complex environment
- Ability influence
- Knowledge of modern enterprise infrastructure concepts including automation, security, cloud, containers
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as code
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, Grails- JVM language and framework
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)