Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Responsible for performing financial, compliance and operational assigned audits to ensure regulatory compliance. Maintains strict confidentiality of gathered information while working with all levels of team members and ensures appropriate oversight concerning all audit issues.
- Prepares work papers, notes, correspondence, and cross-referencing that support findings and final review of the audit report by researching laws, regulations, MICS (Minimum Internal Control Standards), compliance standards, internal controls, and industry best practices.
- Compiles fieldwork of document testing, observations, and inquiries and reviews/assesses areas for non-compliance.
- Draft comprehensive and complete reports that reflect audit's results to communicate findings to management and audit committee.
- Maintains open communication and advises upper management, to include the Board of Directors/Audit Committee, Gaming Commission, and external auditors regarding department findings, management strategies, resolution of findings/issues, special requests, and opening/closing interviews under direction of Internal Audit Management.
- Conduct follow up with auditees/clients regarding recommendations and responses from reported audit to monitor management's interventions.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Combination of Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field and one year of working experience in an internal audit function.
- Proficient computer skills on MS Office, spreadsheet software.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Sound interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated business writing skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.