Mazopiya Deli Cook (FT 1st & 2nd shift)
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $13.00 / hr
Prepare attractive, healthy dishes for natural foods deli, to help meet department goals for sales, margin, labor, and customer service.
* Prepare recipes as assigned by the Deli manager and monthly menu.
* Maintain accurate, up to date records of cost and preparing dishes including production sheets.
* Research and develop new recipes to recommend to Deli Manager.
* Assist customers with questions, in prompt, friendly, courteous manner, referring them to other staff when necessary. Waits on customers from hot bar, cold bar and meat and cheese area.
* Offer tastes, samples, suggestions for purchase.
* Help customers place special orders or catering orders.
* Report customer suggestions comments, complaints to Deli Manager.
* Pull old or low quality items, record and properly dispose of them, following established procedures.
* Maintain kitchen in sanitary and orderly condition in compliance with health regulations.
* Clean up spills, take out trash as needed.
* Follow safety, storage, and labeling procedures.
* Advise Assistant Store Manager of equipment repair and replacement needs.
* Participate in periodic inventory counts.
* Receive orders following established procedures.
- Experience cooking for restaurant, food service, caterer or deli
- Familiarity with natural foods
- Experience serving the public
- Must pass Cook III test.
- Ability to communicate basic information and ideas in spoken English so others will understand.
- Basic knowledge of sanitation practices.
- On feet or standing 100% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Varied temperatures from freezer to hotline equipment.