Part TIme Teller
Welcomes members into the branch and provides friendly, helpful service that promotes a positive financial well-being. Responsible for meeting established Credit Union and Branch goals through active participation in sales programs. Accurately and efficiently processes a variety of routine financial inquiries, transactions, and service requests. Secures credit union assets, balances transactions, and completes necessary reports.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides friendly, helpful service that provides lasting relationships through:
- Preparing for daily interactions with a professional image and an organized workstation.
- Maintaining knowledge of TruStone products and processes.
- Taking responsibility for waiting members.
- Proactively greeting members with a smile, introductions, and full attention.
- Understanding the member’s objectives by asking appropriate questions and listening to the member’s responses.
- Recommending the best solution to strengthen the member’s financial well-being or guiding the member to the appropriate staff to fulfill their needs.
- Processing the transaction accurately and efficiently.
- Following up with the member to ensure satisfaction.
- Processes routine consumer and business financial inquiries, transactions, and service requests including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and purchases of negotiable instruments.
- Identifies member needs with deposits, loans, convenient services, and investment services using basic knowledge and seamlessly refers members to appropriate staff.
- Secures the credit union’s assets by handling cash and negotiable instruments in a consistent manner, properly identifying members, keeping member information confidential, balancing at the end of each business day, and completing necessary reports that summarize daily activities.
- Maintains up to date knowledge and adheres to all regulations, policies, procedures, and standards that pertain to this position.
- Cross sell the Credit Union’s products and services. Promote business for the Credit Union by maintaining good member relations and referring members to appropriate staff for new services.
- Achieves individual and branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Major Skills and Competencies
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to help people.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have reliable attendance.
- Must possess good judgment.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and maintain accurate records.
- Projects a professional image.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment screening
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- One year of previous experience interacting with the public or serving customers.
- Experience with cash handling.
- Knowledge of negotiable instruments.
- Previous experience with achieving member satisfaction goals.