Youth Program Specialist
Youth Program Specialist
Crown Ridge Apartments in Minnetonka & Yorkdale Townhomes in Edina, MN
As the largest provider of affordable housing in the Upper Midwest, CommonBond Communities has been building and sustaining homes with services to families, seniors, and individuals with disabilities since 1971. We combine affordable housing with on-site Advantage Services with a goal of helping residents achieve stability, advancement, and independence. We believe that all people, despite their economic status, should experience the benefits of a home. If you agree, and want to work in an exciting employee driven culture that values work/life balance, consider joining our team!
CommonBond is excited to announce an opening for a Youth Program Specialist at Crown Ridge Apartments in Minnetonka and Yorkdale Townhomes in Edina, Minnesota. This position is part-time (20 hours a week).
Monday -Thursday 2:00-7:00pm during the school year. Hours may vary.
Monday -Thursday 11:00- 4:00pm during the summer.
Depending on qualifications hourly range is $14.00 to $14.40 an hour.
Tuition discounts with Rasmussen College
Stability- Long-term ownership of our properties
A fun, growth-oriented workplace
A chance to make the difference in the community
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Plan engaging enrichment activities for small groups of youth.
- Identify and implement Reading and Math activities to meet individual youth academic needs.
- Provide homework assistance and academic support to youth during after-school hours, including one to one and small group tutoring/mentoring
- Assist in designing, implementing and managing school release day and summer programming for youth in kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- Organize and maintain materials needed for all youth activities, including snacks, games, books, software, etc.
- Maintain accurate records and enter data into online database to reflect daily attendance and program content.
- Participate in youth program staff meetings and trainings
- Work collaboratively with the site Advantage Services team.
- Ability to tutor youth with kindergarten through 12th grade levels of homework.
- Experience working in education, youth development, human services or social services.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Available to work Monday – Thursday (at minimum) plus additional hours for program planning and administration, up to 20 hours per week.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Software programs including Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people with limited English skills.
- Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.