Assistant Professor of Cyber Security & Information Technology, #00103825
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsibilities include teaching cybersecurity and information technology related classes such as virtualization, cloud computing, networking, and operating systems. Other duties include student advising, record keeping, committee work, submitting grades by the established deadline, and other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and the Dean of Current and Emerging Technologies.
- Master's degree or higher in computer information systems, cybersecurity, computer science or related field and 3 years non-teaching work experience. Bachelor's degree in one of these disciplines and 5 years of non-teaching work experience would be considered and the ability to obtain a Master’s degree within six years (tuition assistance available).
- Good computer software skills - Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, etc., email and electronic calendar, and strong Internet familiarity.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with students of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to articulate and support the community college philosophy with a strong commitment to teaching and learning in a community college setting.
- North Dakota State Board for Career and Technical Education (NDSBCTE) certification or the ability to obtain the certification within six years (training is provided). This certification requires a combination of education and work experience. More information on NDSBCTE certification can be found at: http://www.nd.gov/cte/teacher-cert/docs/PS_CertStandards.pdf.
- Higher education teaching experience.
- Documented successful teaching experience in Cyber Security and/or Information Technology.
- Experience with non-traditional teaching methods such as facilitating group work, use of inquiry-based and other active learning pedagogies, and/or contextualized instruction.
- Experience with a variety of teaching resources, media and technologies, including computer-aided instruction and/or online instruction technologies.
- More than 3 years non-teaching work related experience.
- Industry related certifications.
COMPENSATION: Nine month full-time special, non-tenure track position. Competitive salary based on experience and education. Comprehensive fringe benefit package including TIAA retirement plan, full coverage for family health insurance, employee tuition assistance/waiver, spouse/dependent tuition assistance. Click here for full employee benefits.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: To be considered for this position, all applications must be fully submitted by 5:00 pm on June 8, 2018. To apply, click the orange Apply button at the top of the page. Complete the online application and upload a cover letter, resume, three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
STARTING DATE: August 13, 2018.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.