St. Catherine University invites applications for a Senior Accountant in the Business Office. The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing the functions of the accounts payable department, while striving to enhance and continually improve the process in collaboration with others (i.e. Purchasing, IT, Business Office). Key functions include: payables processing including checks, pcard/credit card processing, new vendor setup, resolving disputes, data retention and IRS 1099 processing. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for staffing and supervising the Accounts Payable team as well as communication and training of internal/external customers in regards to the Accounts Payable process. This position will ensure compliance with accounts payable and merchant banking reporting requirements.
• Manage AP Processing: includes invoices, check requests, consultant forms, employee expense reports, cash advances, pcard, student reimbursements, petty cash, and student refunds.
• Check-Run(s): management of weekly check runs (Checks, ACH, APControl and Student Refunds) including running Banner processes, meeting payment schedules, check register reconciliations and positive pay communication processes.
• New Vendor Setup: manage the process to maintain and create new vendors in ERP.
• Customer Service: Assist departments with inquiries: journal entry requests, budget inquiries as well as vendor payment questions.
• Data Retention: Responsible for proper scanning, storage and retention of documents
• IRS 1099 Processing
• AP Process Ownership & Management: enhancements, continuous improvements and collaboration
• PCard Administrator: Issue new cards and manage existing cards; train and support all new cardholders; process requests for credit limit adjustments, month end journal entry, review/audit monthly. transactions, create reports to gather data and show metrics.
• Supervision of staff and student workers.
• Perform the necessary accounting for travel advances, prepaid expenses, and analysis of AP Data.
• Other related duties as assigned or apparent.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr to electronically apply for this position. Position number is 20180027-Staff. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Application deadline is May 20, 2018.
• BS/BA in in accounting or business/finance and a minimum of two (2) years supervisory or equivalent experience required.
• Strong systems skills (i.e. development and implementation of processes and procedures) is critical.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate effective organizational skills, excellent interpersonal skills, analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite and document data entry skills. Banner Finance preferred, but not necessary if experienced with ERP software.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org